Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Growing up we never really did anything to celebrate St. Patricks day except wear a bit a green, of course. I was not prepared for the fun that is had around here for Kindergarten. Every kid made a Leprachaun trap (I could not believe how amazing they were!) The Leprachauns come at night and make a disaster of the room, leaving chairs turned over, scribbles on the tables, notes on the board and more. No one caught him but he did leave a gold dollar for everyone. There was face painting, games, cookie decorating, a treasure hunt, candy, stories, hat making and more.

While most people were green on St. Patricks Day, a tender hearted little guy I know was very blue. He had way too much fun with his best buddy in town from California (more on that later.) and had to say goodbye before going to school. Broke my heart!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, that face is killing me. so sad!
But on the other hand, how fun for Julia!!!

*Sandy (i'm too lazy to log in)

Joni said...

What a fun party Julia!

Oh that face is too sad! Maybe it will help to tell James that Dallin has a best buddy cousin that lives in AZ and it breaks his heart when his cousin Brock has to go back home too. At least James and Dallin have each other!

Katie said...

I'm sure I don't have to tell you how when I saw that picture of James, I dropped my cereal spoon. Or how I yelled across the house for Jack to come immediately. Or how hard he laughed when he first saw it, or how much it melted him. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how we both stared at it the entire time we ate breakfast. Or how much we love the way the twins are looking at him. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that James is the sweetest boy in the whole world. I'm sure you already knew that.

Unknown said...

What a sad picture. That breaks my heart.

I remember Sammy having to make a trap. That was crazy. It was fun to make with her though.

It looked like fun and of course your kids are adorable!

Susan said...

We have 7 years to stock up on kleenex before Robinson goes on a mission.

Katie said...

^^ Laugh out loud! ^^

Aileen said...

Oh, Jane! I hate to say that one of my fav posts is Jimmy broken-hearted, but this is adorable-He is adorable. Sweetest little guy ever! Then there are those girlies.....where do I begin????

Lance Jessup said...

This is breaking my heart just to look at! We love James! We love your whole family!
This is Cari :)

Dan and Melissa said...

What fun at school! By the way James...Katie and you have that in common. She gets so sad every time her cousin and family go back to California after visiting (it breaks my heart)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin